Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Saturday 4 July 2015

Blackcurrant Wine - Final Bottle (4), 28th-29th June 2015

We opened this bottle on our return from an Airedale concert in Ilkley. The programme was Daphnis & Chloe, Bruch's Violin Concerto and Pictures at an Exhibition. I had been worried about my lip lasting the concert, but I needen't have been. After all, I was wearing my lucky musical socks.

The concert was splendid, and the Ravel has been growing on me all term - it is passionate, intense music. This bottle of wine can also be described as splendid and intense. It is sharp and fruity, and I think has benefitted from aging.



No comments:

Post a Comment