Greetings

This blog is a record of the wine that I make and drink. Each flavour made and each bottle drunk will appear here. You may come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I should be drinking less.

Thursday 3 April 2014

Elderflower Wine - Seventh Bottle (B4), 29th March 2014

This was the first of two bottles finished tonight after our WYSO concert which celebrated the letter F - Finzi, Faure and Franck. It was a good concert and I particularly enjoyed the Franck symphony. This piece took several months (well, two and a half) before I decided it was neither tedious nor turgid, and now the third movement is refusing to leave my internal play-list. I suspect that this will make sleep difficult.

Anyway, I opened the elderflower when we got home and drank it (with the help of Claire, Rachel & Duncan) as if was lemonade. A second bottle (although a different flavour) was inevitable.


Cesar Franck

No comments:

Post a Comment